When making your request, please remember:
- Be as specific as possible about the documents you are seeking
- Give a start date and end date for your search
- All responses will be electronic unless other arrangements are made
- An Email address is needed in order to respond electronically
- The Town may charge a reasonable fee in some cases
The Town may charge fees as follows:
- If a request will take more than two (2) hours, the Town may charge a reasonable fee, up to $25 per hour to collect, segregate and redact the documents if necessary.
- The Town is permitted to charge $.05 per copy, or for the cost of a portable storage device.
- The Town will require payment before fulfilling a request
Some records maintained by the Town are exempt from disclosure. If such records are requested, the Town will be required to deny the request and will notify you of the reasons for the denial:
- Student records, certain vital records, criminal record information, personnel or medical files, records that would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy, certain investigatory law enforcement materials, proposals and bids prior to the award of a contract, for example.
If you are looking for copies of birth, death or marriage certificates, please see the Town Clerk’s Office webpages HERE.
The Town of Ashland's Records Access Officer:
Tara M. Ward, Ashland Town Clerk
Ashland Town Hall
phone: 508-881-0100 ext. 7127